Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Unit 5 Reading

This week we strayed away from our textbook and read some very interesting articles online about information design. From the three articles, I feel like the most informative and helpful would be from Smashing Magazine, The Do's and Dont's of Infographic design. I was able to take a lot of great information out of this article and I realized things that will help me with my own infographic. Something that was very important to me specifically was the point they made on "Show don't tell." Infographics aren't meant for reading, they are meant for a quick understanding of an abundance of information. This made me understand the concept of infographics. What was also helpful was the importance of a color scheme. Using three primary colors, and not using white is very important when reading key elements of any infographic.

I wanted to expand on this "Do's and Dont's" concept, so here is a second opinion on the important aspects of infographics

A quick guide to Infographic Marketing

I love this one, Evil Effects of Bad infographics

No comments:

Post a Comment