Thursday, October 4, 2012

Project 1: Physical Infographic

For this project I came up with three ideas and am having trouble deciding which one to choose from.
I am very interested in creating things that involve motion, so I would love to make these infographics interactive using the roll-over technique.

My first idea was to create a physical infographic for Sunglass Hut. This infographic would show the different styles of sunglasses (or choose a few because the list is quite long) they carry with information explaining what kind of person or what type of personality would fit that frame.
-or- Rather than saying which kind of personality fits the frame, rather what each frame represents

For example: If I were to rollover the butterfly shade, I would get a description that would include the words "bold & high fashion."

All of the descriptions I have pulled directly from their website. You can view that here.

As for the destination of this physical infographic, I would want the image to be on their style page, or even featured as their home page. This could give Sunglass Hut a fun touch of interactivity on their website that I feel clients would enjoy. Rather than clicking on the style link and being directed to a place that displays names rather than frames, they are able to see the shapes of the sunglasses independently.

I should be able to create this myself using indesign which can be exported as a flash file. If this file does not work properly online, then a developer may be necessary. Each of my layers will be established properly. Each roll-over will have it's separate layer in order to provide clear communication.

Below is an example flow chart of what I want to show with this infographic.


No comments:

Post a Comment