Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Project 2 Ideas and Inspiration

I have been having trouble with this assignment, but I feel like it would be the perfect time to incorporate my love of music. Thoughts have been running through my head, and automatically I thought of the website, beatport.com. This website is a place where people can buy, listen, and see the most recent electronic music being released to the public. Beatport also has a section that indicates the top 10 mixes of each genre. Something that really made me think this could be my inspiration for an infographic was the way they include the "bpm" or beats per minute at the top while playing each song. This bpm is an indicator of each genre. For example, 130 BPM would define house music, while 180 BPM would be drum and bass.

Something else I thought of, which is kind of odd, is King Corn. Some coworkers were talking to be about this documentary and the information was very interesting to me. For that project, I would need to watch the documentary to get more information on the subject.

Another idea I had came from my love of owls. There's just something about them that fascinate me, maybe the fact they are so mysterious and nocturnal. I also got inspiration from an image of vector owls. I would love to create graphic owls for this assignment. I found a lot of information on this topic here. I was thinking I could create an infographic based on the owls of washington. Describing their eating habits, nests, reproduction, and longevity. I could also create an infographic describing the different aesthetics that make up each owl species.

I was also thinking about creating an infographic on the health benefits of laughing.

Something that I would love to do, is create an infographic on the evolution of music. I would love to make this very graphic heavy, like this image:




No comments:

Post a Comment